Shelly Pruss wrote -
DO NOT DONATE MONEY TO THIS PROJECT!
ANY DONATIONS MADE TO THIS PROJECT WILL GO TO THE CHILDREN'S HOSPITAL.
On Friday, December 10, 2010, give back to your community by showing how much you care about all the people, the businesses, your family, your neighbors, etc.
You can perform a Random Act of Kindness (RAOK)! A RAOK can be very simple and does not have to cost a penny! For instance:
* Tell somebody that they look beautiful/handsome
* Buy flowers for your neighbor (or just pick some out of your garden)
* Buy somebody's meal (it's easiest to do this when they are behind you in a drive-thru)
* Donate to your favorite charity
* Use your talents (singing, dancing, etc) to brighten somebody's day
* Collect gently used items and donate them to Goodwill
* Fill the candy or gumball machines with quarters for some lucky kid to find (don't leave a gumball in a machine for someone to find, they won't know if it's been tampered with or not - just leave the quarter in the machine and let the "receiver" turn the handle themselves)
* Leave a stack of pennies on the horse at your local grocery store
* Tape money and a note to a soda machine saying "Have a drink on me!"
* Take some dog treats to your local dog park
* Purchase helium or Mylar balloons and have your children give them to other kids playing at a park
* Tape money and a note onto the massage chairs at the mall (have a massage!)
* If it's a warm day, carry a few extra bottles of water with you and offer them to other hot shoppers at a mall or a neighbor doing yard work
* Let somebody go ahead of you in line
Of course, these are only a few examples (most of them were taken from my Cousin's blog. She spent her 27th Birthday performing 27 RAOK.)
Maybe we should prepare ourselves to complete 5 RAOK on the 10th of each month (with a reminder from this "Project", of course). Let's get involved in the lives that are happening all around us every day.
If you're willing to participate, please join the project and leave messages about any Random Act of Kindness that you witnessed or performed. We have the ability to have a positive effect on our community. Please GET INVOLVED and join the project!