Feel Good Salad!
Bill Couzens, Founder Less Cancer
Local and Organic if possible
Shelled- Crushed Pistachio Nuts
Garlic Gloves (2 for me)
Brown Rice Vinegar
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1) Turn on favorite Music
2) Get a big wood salad bowl and make sure the bowl is rubbed with Virgin Olive Oil.
3) Take well washed chopped Asparagus tips and spears chopped Green Beans let them soak in virgin olive oil, Sea Salt and Pepper for about 30 mins. then pour mixture into pan and saute for 3-6 mins depending on how well you like. If your having salad for a couple of people I like about 2.5 hand-fulls of chopped Asparagus Tips and Green Beans (I like Cast Iron Pans)
4) Remove Green Beans and Asparagus and let drain on a paper towel for a few mins until room temp.
5) Chop the peeled well washed - sliced beets and toss in to pan to saute in a small amount of olive oil for about 5-15 mins on medium heat. Then Remove and let drain on to paper towel.
6) Take washed and dried Baby Arugula lettuce leaves and toss into bowl.
7) Throw on crumbled Goat Cheese, Chopped Beets, Asparagus, and Green Beans.
8) Shake on Pine Nuts
9) Shake on shelled pistachio nuts (I like to crush them re they are are larger tougher nut)
10) I premix Brown Rice Vinegar and Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Garlic powder to taste.
11) Pour dressing on Salad and Toss.
Brown Rice Vinegar, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Sea Salt, Peper and Garlic Powder