Trevor Staples via Crowdrise
August 28, 2011
BENEFITING: Ann Arbor Area Community Foundation
WE DON'T WANT YOUR MONEY.
We want $10 from your uncle. Well, for real we'll take your money, too ;-)
We don't want you to reach into your wallet and give. You've already done that. What we want is for you to encourage people you know to reach into THEIR wallets and give.
We've started this project to get 100 people who want a skatepark in Ann Arbor to raise $100 each.
Here's what to do:
1. Click on the button over there to the right that says, "Join the Team." That gives you your own page for this fundraiser. Whatever you raise will show up on your page as well as this one, the main page.
2. Customize your page (if you want to). This makes it yours, but still part of the main fundraiser.
3. Tell people about your fundraiser via email, twitter, Facebook, Google+, or any other way. The goal is for you to raise just $100. Asking for $20 donations is a good start!
4. Once you've raised at least $100, tell Trevor (firstname.lastname@example.org)! You'll get to pick one of the prizes below!
5. Ask other people to join in and try to raise $100, too!
6. Feel good knowing you did your part to help the Ann Arbor Skatepark!
Here are the prizes:
If you raise at least $100, you'll get a brand-spanking-new A2 Skatepark skate deck
a prize pack with skatepark shirt, mug, keychain and stickers!
Raise at least $200 and you'll get BOTH prizes (the deck AND the shirt/mug pack)!
Here are some tips to help you on your mission:
• Asking a few people for smaller amounts will increase your chance of reaching your goal. For instance, ask 5 people for $20 and BAM! You're there. (of course, if you know someone who will donate $100 all in one pop, that works too!)
• Don't just send out one request for donations. Reminders every couple days (especially via twitter and FB) help people remember that they want to give!
• Don't be shy! There are many people in our community who want to give, but haven't been asked.
• Ask your closest family/friends first. You know granny wants to give. Uncle Joe has a twenty dollar bill burning a hole in his pocket. Oh, and your BFF wants a skatepark as badly as you do.
• Have fun!