5 reasons I love CPA:
- CPA has been leading cutting edge work to defend expand low-wage worker rights in San Francisco for a loooong time, and has won over and over.
- CPA organizes youth, workers, seniors - let's hear it for intergenerational, deeply rooted, community organizing!
- Thank you CPA for creating space and opening up conversations re LGBTQ people and issues
- CPA is building not only locally, but nationally and internationally. For example, thank you for the recent Asian Americans for Racial Justice toolkit!
- And, it's the political home of my partner and some of my best friends!
CHINESE PROGRESSIVE ASSOCIATION wrote -
We are in an urgent political moment. Over the last several years, we have seen the increasing cost of living, gentrification and displacement, and continued attacks on public education impact working class and people of color in San Francisco and the Bay Area. CPA has been leading the fight for a city that serves the needs of all its citizens. Through our work, leaders have stood up against worker exploitation, fought for the $15 minimum wage, fought for housing that low-income immigrant families. While we have transformed lives, we are transforming power in the Bay Area. We are trying to raise 12k in 5 days from September 12-16th to support CPA’s work while broadening and deepening our base of supporters and power. We are doing this during Mid-Autumn, a time of celebrating bounty. We know that we can achieve this goal, with the support of a community that is committed to this work