Hostage US wrote -
Every year, 200-300 Americans are taken hostage abroad. Their families are left wodnering what to do, who can help get their loved one home and how to continue on with their lives.
In April 2016, Hostage US launched as the only organization in the US which supports hostages and their families. We do this by providing logistical help and pro bono professional services, both during and after kidnap. Almost one year later, a team of our supporters are running the DC Rock n Roll Half Marathon to rase money, awareness and further support of the struggles of hostage families.
- $35 covers the cost of providing a hostage family with guides and resources on how to cope
- $50 covers the cost of our helpline for a month
- $100 buys a session of trauma counseling for a former hostage
- $500 funds two in-person visits to a family or hostage by a member of our team. This face to face contact is essential in building a relationship of trust and helping families to see that they are not alone
- $1,500 pays the cost to produce a film for our website capturing the stories of former hostages and family members. We know that these stories are a lifeline for families and hostages during and after a kidnap
- $5,000 pays for an assessment with a trauma counsellor and a full course of treatment for a returning hostage, ensuring that a hostage is able to make a full and happy return to life