Hostage US wrote -
Every year, 200-300 Americans are taken hostage abroad. Their families are left wondering what to do, who can help get their loved one home and how to continue on with their lives.
In April 2016, Hostage US launched as the only organization in the US which supports hostages and their families. We do this by providing logistical help and pro bono professional services, both during and after a kidnap. Almost one year later, a team of our supporters are running the DC Rock n Roll Half Marathon to raise money, awareness and further support of the struggles of hostage families.
- $35 covers the cost of providing a hostage family with guides and resources on how to cope.
- $50 covers the cost of our helpline for a month, providing a confidential lifeline to families in need.
- $100 covers the cost of a trauma counseling session for a former hostage.
- $250 covers the cost of sending one of my team to visit a family in person. This face-to-face contact is essential in building trust and showing families they are not alone or forgotten.
- $1,500 covers the cost to produce a film for our website capturing the stories of former hostages and family members. We know that these stories are a lifeline for families and hostages during and after a kidnap
- $5,000 covers the cost of an assessment with a trauma counsellor and a full course of treatment for a returning hostage, ensuring that they are able to make a full and happy return to life