BENEFITING: Wastewater Education
- When you make your donation you will see an option to add a little extra to cover processing fees? This is totally voluntary but if you do we will receive the full amount of your intended gift. Thank you!
- When a group of us sat round the table back in October 2003, none of us could have guessed how far we've come in the past 13 years!
- We started off with a pretty narrow focus - the 10 counties of northwest Michigan - and a pretty specific goal; to educate and advocate for a smarter, leaner way of providing decent sanitation options to small rural communities. Boy we quickly outgrew that!
- Soon we were being asked to work throughout Michigan, then the Great Lakes region, then the US and now we have our first international Board Members!
- Our message is simple and clear - all water is connected, all water use is connected, water is water~ not waste!
- Our purpose is to provide clear, consistent information that emphasizes this fact.
- Wastewater Education 501(C)3 is a public education, outreach and consulting non profit organization. We are dedicated advocates for the protection of water as a vital human and ecological asset through the implementation and management of affordable, appropriate wastewater systems.
- We are independent and impartial, assisting individuals and communities, at little to no cost, to discover the financial and environmental advantages of implementing sustainable, integrated water infrastructures.
- The reality of changing weather patterns is forcing hard decisions upon countries, states, communities and individuals about how to sustain and afford water and wastewater infrastructure. We believe that access to relevant information to deal with this should be impartial and freely available by the most accessible and cost effective means possible.
- We are a tight knit, nimble, Director based non profit, with a dedicated innovative staff and a wide network of varied volunteer expertise, able to create time relevant education opportunities free of outside influence.
- We can be both proactive and reactive in the minimal amount of time.
- We have no ego. It doesn’t matter who takes the lead. If we can put together a team to address an issue, we don’t have to be in charge.
- In the end, it’s simply about providing sound, triple bottom line options for long term water resource resiliency.
- Water is water ~ not waste. So to celebrate our birthday we are asking all of our friends, clients and supporters to send us a birthday card - and we would be so grateful if you chipped in $13 too! Thank you.