Friends to Mankind wrote -
Since inception in 2012, 18for18 has raised over $350,000 and reached over 72 million with our anti sex trafficking awareness campaign. We ask you to choose one day out of the year to face your fears to represent the estimated 1.2M women and children that will be sold into sex trafficking this year alone, who will be facing their fears everyday without choice. We ask you to use your platform and your voice to stand up for those who have been pushed down and silenced.
This year we are trying to raise $50,000 which can cover an entire year of rescues for one organization or . We work closely with the top non-profits in this field, donating 100% of what we raise through the jump. Please join us by donating or helping us spread awareness, every dollar and every voice counts… xo 18for18Team
WHAT A DOLLAR CAN DO:
- $1 a day can provide additional nutrition for a sex trafficking survivor with HIV or AIDS
- $3 can provide fresh vegetables for 3 days for a survivor
- $10 can provide a month of medicine for an infant below the age of 2yrs
- $25 can provide food and accommodation for a week for a victim of human trafficking with HIV or AIDS
- $150 is enough to cover all the expenses for an outreach team to get to a survivor of human trafficking plus hygiene materials for a month
- $400 can provide a month of dance rehabilitation therapy for 400 residents at New Light
NEW LIGHT: INDIA
Led by Urmi Basu, New light was created for the protection and education of victims of trafficking, women in prostitution, and children rescued from the red light areas.Also, New Light is creating safe havens, education, and a loving environment for the children of sex workers, breaking the chain and giving these children a future (INDIA)
Works to care for and secure the rights of those victimized by human trafficking and sex slavery, and to successfully rehabilitate and reintegrate survivors into mainstream society through financial independence in a sustainable and innovative manner.
Through the empowerment of education, Girl2B Foundation works to give every young girl a chance to reach her full potential, freeing her from the unfair cycle of poverty, and making her an agent of change.