Train 4 Autism Feel the joy of crossing the finish line knowing you’ve helped the autism program/organization of your choice. With Train 4 Autism, you’ll gain courage, strength and make a significant impact in the fight against autism. All levels and abilities are welcomed as Train 4 Autism is a registered 501c3 non-profit that was started by parents, not athletes. Our mission is to support and empower parents and children touched by the disorder by involvement in endurance sport. Many Train 4 Autism participants are persons competing in their first athletic event ever or athletes that choose to walk a race instead of run – everyone is welcome!
There are several ways to get involved either as an athlete, a sponsor, and/ or a volunteer.
What is Autism?Autism is a devastating neurological and biological disorder that typically affects children between the ages in 18 months to five years of age. Autism currently affects 1 in every 110 children today. It is estimated there are over 1 million people in the United States alone with autism. Autism affects each individual differently and at different levels of severity. Some people with autism are severely affected, cannot speak, require constant one-on-one care, and are never able to live independently. While others who have less severe symptoms, can communicate, and eventually acquire the necessary skills to live on their own. There is currently no cure.
HOW TO GET STARTED:
1. Register for the 2012 ICB LB Marathon, Half Marathon, 5K
2. Create a Crowdrise Fundraising Page Right Here! Then start sending emails to friends family and coworkers raising funds for an awesome cause.
3. Connect with other Train 4 Autism Athletes, Parents, and Team Members by clicking here. Come & join us on our FREE weekly coached training runs!!! Train 4 Autism is proud to partner with A Running Experience Club to provide group traiing and club training runs as we prepare for the ICB LB Marathon.
4. ReceiveFREE Coaching and Training Plans by contacting our awesome coach Nadine Echeverrey by emailing her at email@example.com
5. Train, and compete in an awesome event for a phenomenal cause.
CONTACT US FOR MORE INFORMATION AT INFO@TRAIN4AUTISM.ORG