BLUECOATS DRUM AND BUGLE CORPS wrote -
The Bluecoats are purchasing new helmets to match the new Stanbury uniforms we will be wearing in 2013 and beyond. Our helmets are unique because we don’t just purchase them from a supplier; we purchase all the materials and accessories separately and assemble them ourselves!
Here’s how we do it –
1. Have each helmet fabricated using our custom mold: $15 per helmet
2. Choose a beautiful custom paint color from BASF: DONATED BY BASF
3. Have each helmet professionally painted (3 step process): $15 per helmet
4. Purchase custom feather boas and accessories for plumes: $20 per plume
5. Purchase chain, mirrors, and trim accessories: $15 per helmet
6. Purchase helmet liners to hold them in place: $10 per helmet
7. PUT IT ALL TOGETHER: DONATED VOLUNTEER TIME
TOTAL: $75 PER HELMENT
In order to outfit the entire corps (plus alternates and extras), we need to purchase and assemble 120 helmets. At $75 per helmet, that’s $8250 total!
While we painted them in 2007, the helmets the corps used through the 2012 season were purchased in 2000. YOU can helps us make our purchase possible by donating $75 to purchase one helmet, or more!
In return for your donation, YOUR NAME will appear inside the helmet you purchased for us, worn by Bluecoats in 2013 and beyond! In addition, you will be the first to see which beautiful new color we have selected for our new helmets. Join our 2013 “BLOOO” Helmet Drive via CROWDRISE today to help us make this possible!