As many of you know, I lost my wife, Bridget to cancer more than 20 years ago. I was left with two very young kids, a household to manage alone and a buisness to run. Fortunately a friend told me about OUR HOUSE. Attending the groups helped me realize that I wasn't the only one out there with a situation like mine and that others even had worse situations than I did. They changed my life. My mother who passed away recently was the secretary for Our House for many years. Upon her passing, Jo-Ann who founded Our House met with myself and my sister and I realized that I needed to help their cause, so here I am. Please help with whatever donation you can make toward this worthy cause. Helping young families who have lost a parent or adults who have lost a child is so important. -
On Sunday, April 28, 2013 OUR HOUSE will be hosting the 19th annual Run for Hope – a day dedicated to celebrating and honoring the memory of those close to us who have died.
Grief is a natural reaction after the death of someone close. OUR HOUSE Grief Support Center was founded on the premise that grievers need understanding, support, and connection. If you or someone you care about is grieving, we are here to help.
The Run for Hope was created to:
- provide the community with a sense of hope, connection, and honor, and
- to offer a day where people can share their grief, loss, and love.
We invite you to joining us in supporting the OUR HOUSE Run for Hope in the following ways:
- Join us and register by visiting www.OurHouse-Grief.org.
- If you are unable to participate, we appreciate you stopping by our fundraising page and invite you to browse our teams’ pages and even visit our website at www.OurHouse-Grief.org
- Start your own fundraising page and Join the Team! To get started, you can click on the right ORANGE text box ‘Join the Team’.
Sharing Grief. Finding Hope.