This past October, I became involved with Our House via their Associate Board. This is a fantastic organization that grants support, resources and educational tools for men, women and children who have faced a significant loss of someone close to them, and counsels them through their grief- a powerful and isolating emotion which can be difficult to overcome.
On April 28th Our House will be organizing their annual Run for Hope A Day for Healing-which I will be running (or walking!) to honor my mom, her life and the journey I've taken after her tragic passing. Coincidentally, the date also marks the 11 year anniversary of the death of my mom, and while the grief has waned-I had wished 11 years ago that I had a place like Our House to understand it and connect with others who shared a similar experience. If you would like to sign up for the walk, please click: http://oh_run4hope-eac2.eventbrite.com/.
Thank you so much for your support of this very important cause.
Grief is a natural reaction after the death of someone close. OUR HOUSE Grief Support Center was founded on the premise that grievers need understanding, support, and connection. If you or someone you care about is grieving, we are here to help.
The Run for Hope was created to:
- provide the community with a sense of hope, connection, and honor, and
- to offer a day where people can share their grief, loss, and love.
We invite you to joining us in supporting the OUR HOUSE Run for Hope in the following ways:
- Join us and register by visiting www.OurHouse-Grief.org.
- If you are unable to participate, we appreciate you stopping by our fundraising page and invite you to browse our teams’ pages and even visit our website at www.OurHouse-Grief.org
- Start your own fundraising page and Join the Team! To get started, you can click on the right ORANGE text box ‘Join the Team’.
Sharing Grief. Finding Hope.