Reach Out and Read of Greater New York via Crowdrise
December 19, 2013
Help us raise money to purchase 2,014 books for children in New York's neediest communities for our 2014 Prescription for Childhood Literacy Campaign!
- $5,000 serves 500 children
- $20,000 serves 2,014 children
Put smiles on the faces of 2,014 kids in 2014! Your donation will help us send 2,014 kids home from their doctor's visits with brand new books of their own to love and enjoy. And it will help us give counseling to 2,014 families on the importance of reading to their children for healthy brain development and school readiness.
- There’s a proven correlation between the number of books in children’s homes and their chances for success in school.
- Reach Out and Read of Greater New York teams up with pediatricians to give books to children in high-need communities and encourage parents to read aloud with their children daily for healthy development.
- Children served by Reach Out and Read are more likely to start school with the developmental language skills they need to succeed.
“What is so wonderful about Reach Out and Read is that it works through a very practical avenue – using the pediatric office as a way to introduce reading and literature to young children, especially those children who would not ordinarily be exposed to reading on a regular basis or have an opportunity to own books.”-- Dr. Paul B. Yellin, Director of the Yellin Center for Mind, Brain, and Education
We hope you'll join us and help bring books and a love of reading into the homes of New York's children!
To learn more about Reach Out and Read of Greater New York, visit: reachoutandreadnyc.org.