BENEFITING: Operation Access
ORGANIZER: Operation Access
EVENT: San Francisco Marathon 2014
EVENT DATE: Jul 27, 2014
Operation Access makes it possible for low-income, uninsured people to get needed surgical and specialty care, free of charge, through a medical volunteer network in Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, San Francisco, San Mateo, and Sonoma counties.
We serve people who are simply trying to make ends meet, who are trying to provide for their families and care for their children. They cannot afford to pay for necessary medical care out of pocket. OA and our volunteers bring these people healing and hope, and enable them to live healthy and productive lives.
In 2013, over 1800 people had operations like hernia and knee repairs and cataract removals that were donated by doctors, nurses, technicians who volunteer their time and skills, and the hospitals that support them. The value of the care provided in 2013 was over $20.5 million.
Help support OA and our amazing volunteers! This is the third year that we are an official charity of the SF Marathon. Please join our Team!
To encourage you we are offering reimbursement of registration fees at the following fundraising levels:
· 5K Run/Walk, Progressive Marathon, or Kids Fun Run: $250 minimum raised
· Half Marathon (First Half or Second Half) & Full Marathon: $500 minimum raised
· We also have 5 Half Marathon Guaranteed entries available to those who have not registered yet who commit to raise a minimum of $500 for OA.
· Training & Registration any event: $1000 minimum raised through Train For Free
Jose, a former patient, landscaper, and veteran marathon runner, ran a marathon in honor of Drs. Richard Bland and Thomas Fitzgerald and all of the OA volunteers who help get people back on their feet. OA volunteers repaired Jose's hernia and Achilles tendon, and once he was back to work and pain free he was able to get back to the race as well.
Want to support our organization but not interested in fundraising? Sponsor an OA team member (below) or click on the "Donate" button on the top right corner of this page.
· For every $1 we receive, we arrange $14.96 in donated medical care for low-income, uninsured patients.
· Last year the total value of donated care exceeded $20.5 million.
· The average annual income of OA patients treated in 2013 was $11,100 for individuals and $20,550 for a family of four.
· Over the past 20 years, 2500 medical professionals have provided 12000 services to 9000 individuals and the value of donated care is over $110 million.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (415) 733-0279.
Check out what Operation Access is all about at www.operationaccess.org
Connect with OA on Facebook
Thank you for your interest and support. Happy Running!