Friends and Family,
I've taken on the Pan Mass cycling Challenge (PMC) for a second time! Last year was such an outstanding experience for me that I quickly knew as I finished the ride last year that I would do it again!
This summer I will ride 1000+ miles preparing to ride 192 miles over two days in August! Last year my fund-raising goal was to meet the race minimum and thanks to the generosity of so many friends and family, I was able to exceed my goal of $5000 raised and finish with $5500 raised. This year my goal is slightly larger - I'm hoping to raise $7500 this year - an increase of 50% over my previous year's fund-raising goal.
My big fund-raiser for this year was my 3-on-3 hockey tournament being hosted at the Icenter on Sat. May 30th from 9am to 6pm. The event raised almost $5000 for the Dana Farber cancer research through the generosity of many vendors and volunteers. It was well received by the 140 or so hockey players who participated! Thank-you to all the volunteers and sponsors!
My campaign slogan once again will be Attitude of Gratitude" because my life filled with blessings; good health, great family, and fantastic friends! I'm so glad I'm able to give back just a fraction of what I've received!
I'm riding in honor of my:
- Father and his brother Mark who have both battled and beat prostate cancer!
- Mother and her brother and sister who have passed from cancer.
- My best friend Darryl who's a double-cancer survivor!
- My best friend's Mike's wife (Deb) who kicked breast cancer's butt!
- Two great friends who lost their battle recently with Cancer - Sean Moran and Bob Doucette!
- A list of 45+ people whose names were given to me by donors to my campaign. I write their names on a paper and keep it on my bike. I bring them along with me for the ride and say a silent prayer in their memory!
I'm truly honored to ride these 192 miles for your hard earned donation dollars!
Please make a tax deductible donation to this cause through my link on this site and help fight this terrible disease that strikes the people we love indiscriminately!
You can chose to keep your donations anonymous or public. Every donation, no matter how big or small is very important.
Your comments and words of encouragement are encouraged!.