Rebecca Cline, Prevention Programs Director, OHIO DOMESTIC VIOLENCE NETWORK wrote -
This fundraiser is in honor of all the women who have selflessly given inspiration, encouragement, protection, and unconditional love to others in their life.
If you want to honor your own mother or any important woman in your life (grandmother, aunt, sister, daughter, mentor, friend) while at the same time support prevention of perpetration and victimization of domestic violence, please consider making a donation to the Ohio Domestic Violence Network this Mother's Day.
- One-third of all women in Ohio will be a victim of physical violence, stalking or rape at some time during their lives.
- Everyday Ohio too many women across Ohio are victims of domestic violence.
You can help stop this overwhelming tide of victimization by supporting ODVN's Prevention Program.
- ODVN's Prevention Program works at the local, state, and national level to stem the tide of victimization by focusing on preventing perpetration of domestic violence.
- The Ohio Men's Action Network (www.mensactionnetwork.com) is actively working to change the culture and social norms in Ohio to promote healthy relationships and healthy masculinity.
Every dollar you donate helps us!
- $25.00 provides ODVN with postage to mail borrowed resources to local programs who want to learn how to engage men and boys in prevention work.
- $50.00 allows ODVN to provide much needed technical assistance to local organizations who work with men and boys.
- $150.00 will allow ODVN to offer one man or young man a scholarship to the Ohio Healthy Masculinity Training Institute scheduled for September, October, and November 2015.
- $250.00 is less than 1/4 the cost of sending an ODVN staff member to a national prevention conference.
Every day the Ohio Domestic Violence Network makes a positive difference through services, education, prevention and awareness.
Can you please help? Together we can help create the social change needed to stop the violence.