BENEFITING: AMERICAN ATHEISTS INC
EVENT DATE: Dec 31, 2015
My name is Chris Reed, and I'm an athiest. This may be a shock to some of you friends and family but I am. It is something I identify as because there is something seriously wrong with the world when simply having a lack of belief makes you as untrusted as a rapist. This is an injustice that needs fixing.
Here's my pitch to you; one of my greatest passions in life is running and 2014 was one of the lowest mileage years for me, and it shows.
What I'm doing for 2015 is simple, I am running a grand total of 2,015 miles for the entire year. This means that I will have run at least 39 miles every week (that's 5.6 miles EVERYDAY) for the full 52 weeks of the year.
I planned on doing this without any support originally, but I figure that there are charities out there that raise money for running marathons or other types of races already so why not do it on a much grander scale?
Here's what you get for a donation:
1) Your money will go to American Atheists who will use the funds to further the cause of a secular nation.
2) I've created a fan-page on Facebook that will have a log of each workout that I complete, complete with how I'm doing, and other items that come along during this insane challenge. It's full of my posts about the running, the weather, my absurd eating habits, and generally full of fun prose about this goal.
3) A general all-around good feeling that you can count on this guy from Utah slogging it out day after day regardless of weather. Think about it, you're in a comfy chair while it's a blizzard outside and you think "It could be worse, I could be out running in this weather!"
What I get from your donation:
1) Confirmation that atheists can be the most generous individuals without a need for reward.
2) Weight loss, a considerable amount of weight loss. I weigh around 270 lbs right now and expect to be closer to my goal weight of 200 by the end of the year.
3) A chance to challenge myself and possibly expand my writing skills.
At the end of the year all proceeds will go to American Atheists to help fix the injustices and implied social stigmas that being an outspoken atheist brings with it. This is my cause, I hope it's yours too. Thanks!