2015 Mission Trip: English School in Asia
Organized by: Yi Huang
- Names and Locations are not disclosed for safety reason.
- In 2014, four members from Rockville Evangelical Mission (REM) Church partnered up with a local church in Asia and organized a English Camp. Close to 60 students, ages 4-16, attended the summer camp. 17 students came to Christ by the end of the camp. It was a humbling experience. While they do not have the abundance of wealth like here in America, their faith was simple, pure, strong, and pleasing to God. They are filled with so much love. I felt alive during my short time there and really experienced how God is doing amazing things there.
- Shortly after the summer camp, the local church had a vision and started a church organized school for low income family. Their vision is to provide them with education and solid foundation in faith so they can become missionaries in the work field or as a full time missionary. They currently have over 30 students with 10 full time teachers. These students generally come from low income family, therefore the school relies on individual's offering to operate. The students are currently being educated in their own native language, English, Math, Science, and Biblical knowledge.
- This year (2015), we are being invited back to run a week long English classes at this school. Four members from REM will be going for a total of 10 days to teach conversation, vocabulary, Bible stories, science, and some life skills. We will also have the opportunity to serve at the local church. We are excited for this opportunity to equip the students there and disciple them.
- The trip will cost approximately $2200 per person. REM will cover half of the cost ($4400), so we still need to fundraise another $4400 to cover the trip. We are raising a total of $6000 to cover the cost of the trip, and any extra will be donated to the local church to cover their operating expenses.
- It's only been 2 semesters since this school first got started, and there's a lot of challenges. The church is looking at the future direction of this school. We hope to build some longer term strategy and partnership with this local church to enable the body of Christ to mature and expand in Asia. We believe God will do great things and bless them richly for their faithfulness. Please prayerfully consider donating to this cause as your way to participate in the Kingdom of God. Thank you for your love and your sponsorship. If you would like more detail about the trip, you can contact me directly.