PROFUGO wrote -
Profugo is a grassroots non-profit organization involved in International Development. Our mission is to provide communities with access to tools and resources that enable them to build a better quality of life. Our vision is creating a world where brighter futures are possible because all communities have equal access to a better quality in life. We work alongside a community to generate social change that is sustainable, cost effective, and long lasting!
Help us expand the Sustainable Agriculture Program!
Building on the success of Profugo’s Kitchen Garden Project started in 2014 and several experiments in community gardens, we are ready to take the next step!
Sustainable Agriculture Program Details:
Community Agriculture Workshops
- Goal: help community members develop skills in organic farming practices
- Activities: introduce cost-effective organic farm applications such as organic fertilizers and pesticides, bring resources and expertise to community members to aid the transition to organic practices, provide peer and organizational support to farmers, expose farmers to innovative methods and tools to enhance their farming efforts.
Kitchen Garden Project
- Goal: encourage community members to grow healthy organic vegetables for family consumption and enhanced nutritional benefits
- Activities: providing high quality seedlings to be used for organic kitchen gardens, create culture of organic farming, encourage innovation around organic kitchen gardens, community showcasing of garden designs and sharing of healthy recipes.
- Goal: develop a community access point for high quality organic seeds and seedlings
- Activities: experimenting and cultivating organic vegetable seeds and seedlings, researching and networking to bring innovative resources to farming community in the Prashanthagiri area.
Farm Enterprise Project
- Goal: help farmers develop enterprise skills to increase their income and product offerings
- Activities: agriculture product research and development (e.g. pickles, chutneys, dried vegetables), help farmers promote & market products, networking and customer management, increasing business aptitude and profitability.
$10 covers the cost for one community member to participate in the Kitchen Garden Project
$25 covers the start-up cost for one family to participate in the Farm Enterprise Project
$50 covers the cost of a community agriculture workshop for 200+ attendees
$500 covers the start-up costs for a community nursery
Every $ makes a difference and 100% funds programs!
Grow with Us!
Without partners like YOU, our work would not be possible. Community members continue to be encouraged that people across the globe care about their well-being. Knowing that YOU are investing into the future of their families and village, makes them more motivated than alone. Thank YOU for being an encouragement and growing together with Profugo!