#GivingTuesday Contributions Matched!
November 17, 2016
BENEFITING: YMCA OF CENTRAL AND NORTHERN WESTCHESTER INC
ORGANIZER: YMCA OF CENTRAL AND NORTHERN WESTCHESTER INC
HI! As many of you know, I am on the Board of Governors for the YMCA of Central and Northern Westchester and the Davidson Family is participating in a fundraising challenge to benefit the YMCA.
- Are you the child of a single parent? Honor the single mom, dad or grandparent who raised you by helping other single parents in our community get the support and childcare they need!
- How much did you pay for camps this past summer? Consider donating even 1% of what you paid so that another child in our area has the opportunity to attend day camp next summer!
- Do you belong to a gym? Consider donating just one month of what you pay for your gym membership to the Y so that other families can get on the right path with health, wellness and fitness programs.
- Think about what you pay for daycare, your nanny, your babysitter or your after school programs. Consider donating even one month's spend or 1% of that amount to the Y to support another families in need of childcare or afterschool programs for kids and teens.
- Did you learn to swim at the Y? If you believe that it's a life skill that every child should learn, consider a gift of $25 to sponsor another child's chance to swim.
- Does your family really need more stuff? This holiday season or birthday, consider donating in their name vs. giving them another toy or knick knack.
- It's almost the end of the year, have you considered your charitable giving for tax time?
Over the next few months, our family will be raising funds to meet our fundraising goal to support our community. We hope to teach important lessons about supporting others, giving back and appreciating the things that we do have and maybe take for granted. Please join us!
More about The YMCA of Central & Northern Westchester
The YMCA of Central & Northern Westchester is comprised of:
White Plains Y on Mamaroneck Ave. was founded in 1927 and is a full service fitness facility with 2 pools. Our childcare center provides full-day care for children ages 6 weeks to 5 years. We are proud to have been chosen by the City of White Plains School District and the federal government as a certified provider of Universal Pre-Kindergarten. Teen leadership and after school programs are also offered. In addition, we have 160 single residency rooms of affordable housing. This Y provides many low-cost services to children, youth and adults – particularly for vulnerable Westchester residents such as seniors, veterans and low-income families. Your donation can help more people access these essential services.
Community Y of Northern Westchester focuses on childcare, with an early learning center and before & after school programs in schools in Northern Westchester and Putnam Counties. Serving 350 children daily, these programs are consistently filled to capacity! Your gift can allow us to expand and serve more children and families in need of financial aid to participate.
Camp Combe Y is a 90+ acre day camp in Putnam Valley that serves 1200 children each summer. We provide “camperships” for children in need including transportation from underserved, urban areas in Westchester and Putnam Counties. Your generosity will allow more children in need to experience the joys of summer camp.
Thank you so much for your help.
Heidi, Neil, Lauren and Zachary