About Common Threads Since 2003 in Chicago’s Hyde Park neighborhood, Common Threads has been working to provide a solution to underserved children affected by the childhood obesity crisis as well as the food insecurity epidemic. Common Threads’ offers a preventative healthcare solution for children and families by providing them with in-and-after school nutrition education and hands-on cooking skills. During the 2014-15 school year alone, Common Threads served over 40,000 kids in five cities across the United States.
About Me :-) I am the owner of Vitality Health Systems. We are a weight loss and wellness company in New Lenox Illinois. We strive to teach our clients about healthy eating habits and how to pass those habits onto the next generation. When I had the opportunity to partner with Common Threads I was thrilled to know that my donation and your donation would be going to a great cause. A $25 dollar donation puts a child through this 8 week program. Lets team up together and carry on the fight against obesity in America by supporting Common Threads!
Since 2003, Common Threads has:
• Reached 110,000 students
• Trained over 1,400 teachers
• Cooked & served 1,112,000 meals and snacks
• Provided 1,273,000 hours of cooking & nutrition education to Common Threads’ students and families Throughout the 2015-16 school year, Common Threads will serve 70,000 children across 8 cities nationwide. The organization’s model has taken them into some of the largest school districts in the country and evaluation results show that of students who are able to improve:
• 62% increased vegetable consumption
• 87% improved their attitudes towards fruits and vegetables
• 76% increased their nutrition knowledge
• 99% increased their intention to eat healthy foods