2016 GE Global Research Functional Team Fundraiser
After donating, don't forget to submit for a corporate match from GE using the Food Bank's EIN number 22-2470885.
This fundraiser supports the Regional Food Bank's BackPack Program. This is a fantastic program that helps alleviate child hunger by discreetly providing hungry children with backpacks full of nutritious and easy-to-prepare food on Friday afternoons so they have food to eat throughout the weekend.
Each BackPack contains:
- 2 breakfast items (cereal, oatmeal packets, graham crackers, granola bars)
- 3 entrées (mac & cheese, PB & J, SpaghettiO’s, tuna, soup)
- A loaf of bread
- Stewart’s milk card for a gallon of milk (distributed every other week)
- 2 juice boxes (100% juice when possible)
- Fresh fruits
- Canned vegetables (distributed monthly)
- 2 snacks (cookies, popcorn, pudding, etc.)
Menus change each week to provide participating children with variety.
Currently, the BackPack Program serves more than 2,500 students at 115 schools in 18 counties. For more information about the program please see the link below.