DEADLINE TO GIVE: Aug 28, 2016
FUNDRAISER SET UP DEADLINE: Aug 28, 2016
The 32nd Annual Jet to Jetty is being held Sunday, August 28, 2016 at Dockweiler Beach in Playa del Rey to benefit AMCS to continue providing affordable, community-based mental health services and train mental health therapists. In addition to the 5k and 10k races, there will also be a Kid's Fun Run!
FREE PARKING AT THE BEACH IS INCLUDED FOR ALL RACE PARTICIPANTS!!! We are encouraging all participants this year to set a fundraising goal when you register! Simply click the fundraising button to show your additional support of our organization. We would also like to invite all racers to create the largest team! The largest team will win a fabulous prize for showing such tremendous support and commitment at bringing together family and friends for this year's race.
Please see below for further details on participation, discounts, and prizes.
Event schedule is as follows for race morning: 6:30 a.m.
- Registration and Packet Pickup 8:00 a.m.
- the 5k Walk/Run begin
- the Team Competition also starts (see below for details) 8:10 a.m.
- the 10k Walk/Run begin 9:00 a.m.
- the Kids' Fun Run starts by the vendor area All 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place finalists in their respective age divisions will win a medal. All kids participating in the Kids' Fun Run will also receive a medal.
TEAM COMPETITION: In addition to medals, the team with the largest number of people will win a separate fabulous prize! This competition begins at 8:00 a.m. as soon as the 5k starts. Teams must equal 5 or more participants in order to qualify as a team for race day prizes. 1.
It is easy to register!
1. Simply select one individual as "Team Captain", and upon clicking registration in any walking or running category (excluding the Kids Fun Run), select the option to "Create a team".
2. After you have created a team, make sure your teammates "Select a team" upon registration (as mentioned in step 1).
3. Make sure your team chooses the "Select a team" option so you don't create multiple teams! Only one team can qualify for one group of individuals. Teams may not be combined to win the largest or fastest team prize.
4. Create a fun team name, invite family and friends to join, and prepare yourselves for an exciting race at this year's Jet to Jetty! Contest Competition: The individual or group with the best costume also wins a special prize for showing Jet to Jetty spirit! Dress up your racing outfit in the most witty, funny, or Jet to Jetty-themed costume to win an amazing prize!
Early-Bird Registration (04/18/16 - 08/21/16):
5k walk/run - $35
10k walk/run - $35
Kids' Fun Run - $15
Regular Registration (08/21/16 - 08/28/16):
5k walk/run - $40
10k walk/run - $40
Kids' Fun Run - $20
There will be free after-race refreshments for participants, a fun expo, music, and many exciting vendors participating in our annual community race! Parking can be found on Vista del Mar in parking lots 1 and 2 as you enter on-site parking by the beach. Registration booth/packet-pickup will be in parking lot 3 further down the road. Parking is free for all race participants.
To become a sponsor of AMCS' 32nd Annual Jet to Jetty, please contact our Executive Director, Eden Garcia-Balis, at: 310-670-1410 or email@example.com.
If you have any further questions about purchasing tickets, becoming a vendor, or volunteering please contact AMCS' Special Events/Development Coordinator, Samantha Brockschmidt, at (310) 670-1410 x103 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Airport Marina Counseling Service is a non-profit, community-based mental health clinic that serves the greater LAX, South Bay, Westside and South areas of Los Angeles. AMCS provides an array of effective mental health services, including crisis management, 7 days a week for people of all ages with fees based on a sliding scale. Funding is totally dependent on grants and donations. Come join us and run for mental health!