BENEFITING: OPEN HEART MAGIC
ORGANIZER: OPEN HEART MAGIC
HOURS PLEDGED: 809
Imagine yourself in the hospital.
- You don't know what's wrong with you.
- Nurses come and go changing IVs, drawing blood, giving you medicine.
- Doctors stops in to poke and prod while askingunanswerable questions
- You haven't seen your friends in what seems like ages
- You don't want to think about what you'd do for a home cooked meal.
- You should be able to figure out what's going on, but you can't.
Now imagine you're eight years old.
I'm doing the Run Like a Pirate race for Open Heart Magic because there are thousands of kids in Chicago dealing with this exact situation. They're facing adult-level problems, and it's our job to remind them that they're just kids.
Open Heart Magic provide instantaneous relief to these kids. Within minutes they go from scared and isolated to empowered and happy. You can help bring this to more people.
Here's what people like you helped OHM do in 2015:
- 9,467 hospitalized kids were reached at their hospital bedsides. Think thousands of smiles, exciting memories and magic words at a critical time for these kids.
- 12,705 family members and friends benefited alongside these young patients.
- 3,695 hours spent improving the hospital experience for kids and their families through bedside magic's specially screened, super committed and highly trained Hospital Magician volunteers.
Please consider making a fully tax-deductible donation to help me reach my goal. All funds raised will help to provide more magic to hospitalized kids.
All online donations are completely secure. You can also send a contribution directly to Open Heart Magic. Please include my name and make the check payable to Open Heart Magic. Checks should be mailed to:
Open Heart Magic; Attn: Charity Team; 53 W. Jackson St., Ste. 835; Chicago, IL 60604
Also, don’t forget to check with your company about matching donations. Many companies match dollar for dollar up to a certain limit. This is an easy way to double your impact!
Thanks so much for your support