Skip to content
carmel-fire-department-inc's profile image - click for profile

Carmel Fire Department Inc's Fundraiser:

2017 Basketball Shootout

Carmel Fire Department Inc's Photo

THE STORY:

Carmel fire Dept. HVVFA Committee wrote -

I am writing you today to inform you about an event that takes place every year, and which many members of the Carmel Fire Department take part in.

There is an organization called the Hudson Valley Volunteer Firefighters Association or HVVFA. This is a great organization that focuses on the welfare of Volunteer Firefighters throughout the Hudson Valley. Every year the HVVFA holds a convention and invites all of the Volunteer Fire Departments in the Hudson valley. The Carmel Fire Department has their own Hudson Valley committee that organizes our participation in the convention. Just a few activities that take place during the Convention weekend are a full dress parade on Saturday, and The Friday Float parade where each department that chooses to participate has to build a themed parade float and escort it down the street to be judged.

At the 2016 Convention your Carmel Fire Department won the “Best Overall Float” trophy for the first time ever. For the 2017 Convention we are going there as the “Reigning Champions” to try and defend our title. Winning this title was an enormous morale builder for our department. We have designed this year’s float which will have a great chance of delivering us a back to back title, however this year’s float will have a lot of stiff competition. During this convention and including building the parade float, we do not spend any Fire Department money and rely solely on donations. 

HOW DOES IT WORK? Each participant is given two minutes to shoot baskets (lay-ups). The total number of baskets made, times the pledge per basket, plus the total of flat donations equals the amount due from each sponsor. Example: with a pledge of 20¢ per basket and 40 completed baskets, the donation will be $8.00. OR A person can pledge a flat amount of $1.00, $2.00, $5.00 or more. (Flat amount pledges can be collected right away because the total is not dependent upon the number of baskets made. Any donation of any size is appreciated. Please spread the word and help us reach our goal. Thank you.

Remeber this event benifits the Carmel fire Department with 90% of the donation coming directly back to us and the other 10% is used by the Carmel rotary club for things like scholarship's to members of our community , and more.

DONATE

To This Fundraiser

$75

MONEY RAISED
  • Carmel Fire Department Inc

    $25

  • Al Lotrecchiano

    $50

  •  
  •  
  •  
 

4% Raised of $2,000 Goal

Fundraise for this Campaign

The Team: $33,364 TOTAL RAISED SO FAR

JOIN THE TEAM
Fundraiser Title

ROTARY CLUB OF CARMEL NEW YORK CHAR...

Amount Raised

$16,200

 

41% Raised of $40,000 Goal

Fundraiser Title

Al Lotrecchiano

Amount Raised

$6,129

 

123% Raised of $5,000 Goal

Fundraiser Title

My Brother Vinny Dream Team

Amount Raised

$4,330

Fundraiser Title

Marjorie Keith for Cornell Cooperat...

Amount Raised

$1,910

 

38% Raised of $5,000 Goal

Fundraiser Title

Beth Mahoskey

Amount Raised

$732

 

146% Raised of $500 Goal

Fundraiser Title

Doreen Smith

Amount Raised

$685

 

137% Raised of $500 Goal

Fundraiser Title

Book Hoops- Marty Collins Friends o...

Amount Raised

$655

 

44% Raised of $1,500 Goal

Fundraiser Title

Heather Duben

Amount Raised

$515

 

103% Raised of $500 Goal

Donor Comments

Al Lotrecchiano

Al Lotrecchiano

DONATION: $50

We appreciate the dedicated service of the CFD 1 year ago

Carmel Fire Department Inc

Carmel Fire Department Inc

DONATION: $25

Good luck with best float in 2017!! 1 year ago