BENEFITING: COLUMBUS FILM COMMISSION
The Greater Columbus Film Commission strives to create sustainable jobs and grow the film industry in Columbus and central Ohio.
1) Create a unifying vision that positions Columbus as a leader in film exhibition, production and education to inform strategy and accompanying tactics for the next 5 years.
2) Rally city stakeholders (film organizations, community, government, funding partners etc.) behind a shared direction for the benefit of all stakeholders of the story.
3) Position film as a recognized art form in Columbus.
To achieve our goals:
• We need to understand the needs of all stakeholders in the ecosystem we operate in.
• We need to understand the path of greatest opportunity.
• We need to understand where our core competencies and skills lie.
• With this information, we can create a plan that elevates Columbus to become a leader in film education, film exhibition and film production.
PURPOSE (OUR WHY): To enrich our community through the art and business of film.
MISSION (OUR HOW): By convening and empowering individuals, organizations and businesses in the spirit of collaboration.
VISION (OUR WHAT): So that Columbus is recognized as a top city for film education, exhibition and production and film is recognized as an art form that has a measurable impact on the economy, individuals and community.