2018 CASA Superhero Run (Montgomery County, Texas)
EVENT DATE: Nov 10, 2018
DEADLINE TO GIVE: Nov 09, 2018
It's a bird...it's a plane...it's Superheroes running in support of children!
Last year in Texas,
- 172 CHILDREN died of child abuse or neglect.
- Every 9 minutes, a child became a victim of abuse or neglect.
- 60% of child abuse or neglect victims were under the age of 6.
CASA Child Advocates of Montgomery County provides and promotes court-appointed volunteer advocacy so that every abused and neglected child can have the opportunity to thrive in a safe, nurturing and permanent home. Now is the time to get involved and support a better future for these children.
The 9th Annual CASA Superhero Run features a 5K trail run, as well as a 1 Mile Fun Run, so bring the whole family! It is the only run in Montgomery County with courses through the beautiful W.G. Jones State Forest. Before and after the race, enjoy the Hero Headquarters, which features sponsor tents, food and beverages, as well as plenty of engaging activities for children.
Whether you are a competitive runner, a casual walker, or just love the idea of supporting a wonderful cause, participating in the CASA Superhero Run allows you to show your support for abused and neglected children in Montgomery County.
Become a SUPERHERO by raising funds in support of CASA! In Montgomery County, it costs $1,500 to provide an Advocate for one child for one year. Currently, more than 9 children enter foster care in Montgomery County EACH WEEK. If every participant raised just $25, we would reach our goal of $10,000 which would provide almost 7 abused or neglected children with Advocates this year. Thank you for your SUPERHERO efforts in support of these children who need your help.
- All participants raising $100 or more will receive a navy, long sleeve, tech shirt.
- Participants raising $250 or more will receive a complimentary item.
- Participants raising $500 or more will receive a complimentary item.
- All participants raising $500 or more will be entered into a drawing for an AMAZING prize package!
- Award certificates will be presented to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd individual fundraisers and team fundraisers.
Every child needs a hero. Abused children need SUPERHEROES!