2018 Fairfield Scoops Challenge - Saugatuck Sweets
EVENT DATE: Jun 13, 2018
Registration is closed!
Thanks to all our teams:
the Schedule is below:
Ice cream flavor
Pink is Perfect
American Ice Cream
4 Gulping Guys
The Super Scoopers
Little Big mouths
The Ice Cuties
The Divine Devourers
STAS 5th graders
Ice Cream Dreamers
The Ice Cream Eaters Cancer Beaters
Saugatuck Sweets - Fairfield has teamed up with The Cancer Couch Foundation to raise funds for metastatic breast cancer research.
- The Facts: 1 in 8 women will develop breast cancer, and 30% of those diagnosed with early stage breast cancer will eventually be re-diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer (MBC). The average prognosis for MBC patients is 2-3 years, and yet less than 7% of breast cancer research funds go towards MBC.
- What a Scoops Challenge is: Teams of 4 work together to raise money to support the Cancer Couch's ongoing research at Sloan Memorial and Dana Farber. Teams need to raise a minimum of $200 to compete. Awards will be given for the teams that eat the most ice cream in 3 minutes in each age category (k-2, 3rd-5th and 6th -8th grades), and for the team that raises the most money overall.
- When/Where: Wednesday June 13th at 3:30 Saugatuck Sweets - Fairfield, CT
How to register a team
- Click set up your fundraiser (gray box above).
- Then Click start a new fundraiser.
- You will be prompted to sign into or create a Crowdrise account.
- Creat a "Fundraiser Title" (this should be your team name)!