BENEFITING: BLACK STONE VALLEY ADVOCACY CENTER
ORGANIZER: BLACK STONE VALLEY ADVOCACY CENTER
EVENT DATE: Oct 05, 2017
BLACK STONE VALLEY ADVOCACY CENTER wrote -
Blackstone Valley Advocacy Center (BVAC) is celebrating our 30th anniversary in 2017! We provide services like shelter/transitional housing, law enforcement and court advocates, and community awareness programs, all in an effort to end domestic violence.
These are complex political times, and the majority of our funding comes from federal and state government programs. Though we cannot hope to do so in one year, with this fundraiser we hope to start off on a path to more financial independence, so that we can continue to offer our services even if some of our federal or state funding is cut.
Here's where your donation can help:
- $10 provides a meal for a child living in the Safe Home
- $50 covers one overnight stay for one person in the Safe Home
- $100 covers a month of utility expenses for a unit in the Transitional Housing Program
- $250 covers the monthly mileage expenses for a Family Advocate, providing home visits to victims statewide
- $600 covers a month of telephone expenses for our Helpline
- $1000 covers a month of rental expenses for one unit in our Transitional Housing Program