EVENT DATE: Mar 05, 2016
A CBS Pittsburgh Best of Spring race benefitting wounded military service members & their families started by a High School kid – What’s not to love?!
Date & Time: Saturday 5 March 2016 at 9am
Location: St. Stephen’s Church, 405 Frederick Ave, Sewickley, PA 15143
Races: 10K Run / 5K Run / 1 Mile Walk
Goal: Raise $55,000 for Boulder Crest Retreat for Military & Veteran Wellness
- 10K Run – $35 (pre-registered, $40 on race day)
- 5K Run – $25 (pre-registered, $30 on race day)
- 1 Mile Walk – $15 (pre-registered, $20 on race day)
Like Us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/5krace
About the Brave American Classic – by Robbie Veltre
The first Brave American Classic was my project at Quaker Valley High School. Sophomores choose a project reflecting their passion and complete the project during the school year. I organized a run/walk benefitting Boulder Crest Retreat for Military & Veteran Wellness because I am a passionate cross country/track runner, and because my father is a board member of Boulder Crest. I wanted to raise awareness for the Retreat and its amazing impact on wounded troops. The first Brave American Classic was run on February 25, 2012 at War Memorial Park in Sewickley PA. Boulder Crest Retreat Founders Ken & Julia Falke attended. The event was fun and so well supported that it set the record at Quaker Valley High School for a sophomore project fundraiser. Since then we have decided to continue the event as an annual way of giving back. It has grown larger & better every year. I serve as the overall Race Director.
Make an Impact & Have Fun Too!
Event amenities include:
- Huge indoor venue – chilly outside, toasty inside!
- Indoor bathrooms too!
- Lots of great food & drink
- Lots of parking
- Super soft Next Level long-sleeve race T’s
- Goodie bags w/ commemorative gift & other stuff
- Marine Color Guard for National Anthem
- Pre-race & post-race distinguished speakers
- Several convenient early packet pickup options
- Chronotrack Live race timing & management via Elite Runners Race Management
Awards – LOTS of Them!
Awards go to:
- Top 3 fundraising teams
- Top 3 male & female overall finishers
- Top 3 male & female finishers in each of the these age groups:
- 14 & under
- 15 – 19
- 20 – 29
- 30 – 39
- 40 – 49
- 50 – 59
- 60 & over
Not Running or Walking? Then PLEASE Donate!
Your donation brings wounded military service members AND their families to Boulder Crest where they get better through Boulder Crest’s phenomenal PATHH programs. To learn more, please visit:
Brave American Contact