6th Annual AUTISM WALK of NORTHWEST OHIO
EVENT DATE: Oct 07, 2018
DEADLINE TO GIVE: Dec 28, 2018
The AUTISM WALK is THE premier autism awareness event in Northwest Ohio. Please join us for an all-abilities walk (one mile or 5K) inside the Franklin Park Mall. Participants will enjoy family friendly activities, complimentary bungee jumps and train rides, hand print art, Autism Resource Fair and more!
Your contribution and support will allow us to continue to provide our constituents with a magnitude of services. We are a locally-operated Chapter and 100% of all funds raised through the Autism Walk will remain in Northwest Ohio to help our families with the following support services:
- I & R services - Information about autism and Referral to autism-specific and autism-friendly resources
- One-on-one support for families and caregivers
- Educational programs for parents, professionals, and community groups
- Social groups for young adults on the spectrum and outreach events
- Support groups for families, including Sibshops for brothers and sisters
- Training for law enforcement; school personnel, staff and students
Autism Spectrum Disorder is a neurobiological disorder of the brain that usually appears in the first three years of a child's life. The core features of autism include impaired communication, problems socializing, restricted and repetitive patterns of behaviors, and over or under reactivity to sensory input. Considered a spectrum disorder, autism affects individuals differently and to varying degrees of severity. There is no known cause and no known cure. According to the March 2014 report from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), 1 out of every 68 children born today will have some form of autism. Autism can present physical, emotional, and financial challenges for families throughout the individual’s lifetime. Without adequate support, these challenges can be overwhelming.
REGISTER AND BEGIN FUNDRAISING TODAY! Start a team, or come as an individual, and join us in bringing AUTISM AWARENESS to Northwest Ohio! Registration: 8:00 am - Walk Start: 9:00 am