We did it! Thanks for your support!!
October 29, 2017
BENEFITING: ORGANIZATION FOR AUTISM RESEARCH
EVENT DATE: Oct 08, 2017
This October marks the 40th anniversary of the Chicago Marathon, and my wife, Lori, and I will be running alongside my brother Greg, his wife Gina, and some of their wonderful running group friends from L.A.
Greg and Gina have three amazing sons who live each day on the autism spectrum. It has been our deep privilege and joy to be part of their family. We have learned so much by observing their gracious and faith-filled walk with a condition that has more questions than answers.
In honor of our nephews, we are running to raise awareness and support for the Organization for Autism Research (OAR), an official charity of the 2017 Chicago Marathon.
The autistic mind has many mysteries we have yet to uncover and understand, but we know that God is not mystified. We admire this organization for the research they fund and for the tangible support they offer families who deal with autism.
We would love for you to partner with us! Simply click on the "DONATE TO THIS FUNDRAISER" link on this page.
We're well on the way to reaching our goal of raising $1,500. Asking for money doesn't come easily, but autism has shaped the lives of our family, and we're excited to help others who are immersed in the autism journey.
I have an OAR T-shirt that says it well, “Why do I run? For the 1 in 68 with an autism diagnosis today and the families asking, 'What now?'”
THE IMPACT YOU HELP OAR MAKE:
- $10 provides a Curriculum in a Box professional development set to general education teachers.
- $25 provides 15 copies of A Guide to Safety to families and first responders.
- $100 provides the Kit for Kids peer education resource to an entire elementary or middle school.
- $150 provides 100 copies of a Life Journey through Autism guidebook sent to a community support group or military installation.
- $1,000 provides a research grant for a graduate student studying autism.
- $3,000 provides a scholarship for a student with autism to attend college.
- $30,000 fully underwrites an applied research pilot study.
Lori and I are excited to run 26.2 miles in Chi-Town for this worthy cause on October 8, 2017. Thank you for considering this request to bless families touched by autism.
If you would like to read more about OAR, please visit their website at https://researchautism.org/