EVENT DATE: May 19, 2018
Join us for the beginning of something great!
The inaugural Beyond Walls Cup takes place May 19, 2018 at the Minneapolis Club in downtown Minneapolis. Featuring professional squash play and amateur competitions, an after party with live entertainment, silent and live auctions, and much more! Mark your calendars now, and join us May 19 for a thrilling evening of squash, music, food and fun!
- Hononary guest, U.S. State Senator, Tina Smith
- Live Music by the ML Project
- Live Performances by Step with Soul
- Special Guest Appearances by Surprise Professional Athletes
Follow the Event and keep up to date on our Facebook Event page
About Beyond Walls
Mission and Goals
Beyond Walls Urban Squash Twin Cities (“Beyond Walls”) is dedicated to the mission of inspiring confidence and encouraging academic excellence among urban youth as they become lifelong learners and active leaders—both on and off the court. Using academic support, mentoring, life skills development, and fitness centered around the sport of squash, Beyond Walls supports students in finding and graduating from their best-fit post-secondary pursuit.
Core Program Areas
Our intensive, year-round program engages participating youth in the following:
- Academic Mentoring: Youth work with an academic mentor to improve their academic performance, in a 2:1 student-to-mentor ratio, three days each week, for 350 hours annually.
- Community Engagement: Youth plan and lead 5-6 community engagement projects each year, such as making blankets for people who are homeless, volunteering at book drives, and planting trees.
- Health and Fitness: Youth practice 75 minutes of fitness and squash 3 days each week, along with participating in nutrition & wellness education and personal goal setting.
- Exposure Opportunities: Youth travel on 5-6 local and national trips that combine squash games, college visits, and tours of national historical sites.
- College Readiness: Youth receive education and support for successful college admission and accomplishment in higher education.
The cost of the Beyond Walls program is at no charge for our youth and families. Your support allows us to equip them with proper shoes, clothing, food and access to laptops and other educational necessities--all taking place at the University of Minnesota!
Your financial support of the Beyond Walls Cup supports:
- Over 350 hours of year-round academic mentoring support of 70 Twin Cities Youth
- A 5-week educational summer program
- A one-on-one college mentor for every youth in the program
- 9 hours per week of leadership develop and fitness opportunities
- Three national traveling trips per year for selected youth
Please visit the Beyond Walls Website to learn more about us and our Mission, and the impact it has on our students.