Capco NA wrote -
Capco Cares – Mobilizing the Capco Community in the Wake of Typhoon Haiyan
All Donations Welcome: Capco Will Match Every Cent / Penny
- Philippine President Benigno Aquino declares state of national calamity
- Up to 10,000 people feared killed
- Thousands of survivors still desperately waiting for the aid effort to reach them
- More than nine million people affected in the Philippines. Many now struggling to survive without food, shelter or clean drinking water.
For the few of us who may not yet have seen the media headlines and reports running across the world’s press, one of the most powerful storms on record to make landfall, Haiyan - named "Yolanda" by Filipino authorities - struck the coastal provinces of Leyte and Samar on Friday. It then headed west, sweeping through six central Philippine islands.
Alongside huge numbers of people killed, hundreds of thousands more people have been displaced after the high winds and floodwaters destroyed their homes. Damage to roads and airports has delayed the delivery of aid.
Pictures say a thousand words
In case the above headlines and facts aren’t enough, the images on the BBC’s website bring the devastation home even more: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-24899001
Capco commits to match personal contributions to the international relief effort, dollar for dollar, pound for pound, euro for euro to the International Red Cross
- Perhaps you have already been moved to make your own donation to a charitable cause or relief effort? Then simply share details of your donation with your local Financial Controller, so Capco can be sure to match your contribution
- Not yet made a donation? Then please, spare a moment for the many thousands less fortunate than us in the wake of this natural disaster, and make a contribution.
- Bear in mind those Capco and FIS employees with family and friends in the Philippines
As ever, our hearts, thoughts and wishes are with those impacted with by this catastrophe. Please join us in doing a small part to show that Capco and our employees care"