2017 Celebration of Life
EVENT DATE: Apr 30, 2017
DEADLINE TO GIVE: May 15, 2017
FUNDRAISER SET UP DEADLINE: Apr 30, 2017
Hospice of Hilo's Annual Celebration of Life is back to provide residents and visitors of Hawai`i an opportunity to celebrate and remember cherished loved ones.
We invite you to honor memories of your loved ones at the 13th Annual Celebration of Life on Sunday, April 30, 2017, at Wailoa State Park. (Event Page) Take the 2.25 mile Walk to Remember challenge around Wailoa State Park, then decorate your personal luminary that will be released during the lantern floating ceremony.
Funds raised support Hospice of Hilo’s efforts to provide quality and compassionate care to patients and families throughout East Hawai`i. These programs include:
- Physicial, emotional and spiritual support to seriously and terminally-ill patients through a team of physicians, nurses, social workers, spiritual counselosr and CNA's.
- Delivery of care to patients and families at their place of residence, whether that be their home, private care home, health care facility, etc.
- Bereavement Support to children and adults from both the hospice program and the community at large free of charge.
- Extra layer of severe pain and emotional support to seriously-ill patients who need assistance navigating complex health care options.
- Education of the community regarding their advanced care planning and helping to ensure their wishes are honored when facing a serious or terminally illness.
Thank you for using this site to spread awareness about your honorable efforts to raise money for Hospice fo Hilo. Your work will ensure every patient and family in East Hawai`i has access to comfort and support during their time of need. We look forward to seeing you at the big event!