Skip to content

Civil War Trust

Civil War Trust
CROWDRISE : Oct 21, 2010
Tax ID: 54-1426643
BASED: Washington, DC, United States

CHARITY WEBSITE: www.civilwar.org

Civil War Trust

Saving our Battlefields

Support our mission by creating your own fundraiser.

Preserving our nation’s physical history will be our legacy. We’ve saved over 41,000 acres of hallowed ground, but new threats are looming every day. Join us in our fight to protect our country’s battlefields for future generations to treasure.

 

Can you imagine a fast-food restaurant in the middle of Arlington National Cemetery? Can you imagine paving over the National Mall? Or destroying the remaining original copies of the Declaration of Independence or the Constitution? Of course not. But with each square foot of battlefield land that is consumed by development, whole chapters of America's history are being stripped from our national memory, another irreplaceable piece of our important heritage is lost forever. You can help save our history!​

 

Only about 20 percent of the land upon which the Civil War was fought is currently preserved by us or by national, state or local parks. The remaining 80 percent is either unprotected or has already been destroyed. We are racing the clock to save what is left.

 

We are the largest nonprofit organization devoted to the preservation of America’s battlegrounds.

 

Although primarily focused on the protection of Civil War battlefields, we also seek to save the battlefields connected to the Revolutionary War and War of 1812. And we work to inform the public about the vital role these battlefields played in determining the course of our nation’s history through educational programs and heritage tourism initiatives.

www.civilwar.org

Tax ID: 54-1426643 • www.civilwar.org

Fundraisers

Help Save Antietam — North Woods

Help Save Antietam — North W…

Amount Raised:

$9,701

 

39% Raised of $25,000 Goal