• You have registered yourself online at www.cycleforheroes.org and raised or donated at least $500 for a “regular bike” or at least $2000 for a VIP bike. As a reminder, your bike placement is dependent upon your mad fundraising skills.
• If you are sharing your bike with others (and therefore sharing fundraising minimums and bike riding time), everyone on your bike has been registered at www.cycleforheroes.org so that they are pre-registered for the event and our bounce staff doesn’t have to bounce them out.
• Spouses/friends/+ 1’s are encouraged to attend – but there will be a $50 fee at the door for everyone who isn’t registered to ride. Make sure your people know this ahead of time. We are serving food and drink and delivering a great experience, and we encourage you to brag about how you are sweating and fundraising and showing up to support our injured veterans - you amazing Patriot you.
EVENT DAY - Directions > Where to Park > When to Show Up
• Google “Pier 84, Hudson River Park”, enter 555 12th Ave, New York, NY 10036 into your GPS, or click HERE for directions.
• Taking the Subway? Just hop on the A, C or E trains, exit 42 St. and walk to-wards the Hudson River.
• Traveling by bus? Just take M42, exit W 42 St./12 Ave. or take M50, exit 12 Ave./w 46 St.
• There is no parking lot at Pier 84. Click HERE to make the process of parking in the city as easy as possible!
• Check-in starts at 4:30 PM and will continue through 7:30 PM – to make Check-in easy, make sure you have raised the appropriate amount of money and have pre-registered yourself and everyone who is sharing your bike.
EVENT DAY - What to Bring
• You will sweat, so make sure you bring comfortable clothes to ride in AND dry clothes to throw on after your sweat sesh.
• We are BIG into drumsticks and will have some for participants. We encourage you to bring your own, decorate them, and make it part of your team costume if you are riding with others…. (everyone loves costumes – props are truly bonus fun for all).
• We will provide snacks, water, and towels, but if you are a BIG sweater, a constant snacker, or you easily dehydrate, we ask you to bring what you need to make this experience as amazing as you are.
• Some bikes are outfitted with SPD and LOOK clips, but not all. Please make sure to bring athletic shoes just in case you can’t use cycling shoes. All bikes will accommodate athletic shoes.
• Last and most important, bring your fun self. We are here to show united, sweaty, philanthropic, enthusiastic, and continuous support to our injured veterans and all who have served our country. Thank you for your time, your energy, and your positively refreshing generous spirit. WE SALUTE YOU!
1.) Click on the “Setup your climb for heroes fundraising page”
2.) Follow the steps to get registered for the event and get your CrowdRise page set up.
3.) Once your page and log in is created, use the “Edit fundraiser” tab to add a photo and some story text about why this cause is important to you.
4.) Share your unique URL with family, friends, co-workers and anyone else with an email address to have them donate to your page and raise as much money as possible.
5.) Pat yourself on the back. You are contributing to an incredible program that changes thousands of lives every year.