EVENT DATE: Jul 01, 2017
Join us on Saturday, July 1, 2017 at the California State Capitol for our Power Walk, Step, or Stroll 5k as we come together to raise awareness for Dress for Success Sacramento’s health and wellness initiatives, as well as raise funds to provide women and girls in our community the tools and resources they need to put their best foot forward and thrive at work, in the community, and in life. Lace up your sneakers, or skates, come on your own, load up your friends, or family, and join us as we celebrate 20 years of Dress for Success worldwide, and 2 years of serving women throughout the Sacramento region. If a 5k is not your cup of tea, make a donation to support a friend or family member who may be participating, join our "Rest for Success" team by making a donation and receive a fun sleep shirt, or just make a general donation. Everything (big and small) will help us reach our goal of $100,000 which will enable us to provide clothing, programs and resources to an additional 300 women and girls this year. There is POWER in numbers and we want to show the women in our community that we are here to support their success!
The Power Walk for Dress for Success® is the only international 5k walk dedicated to empowering women on their quest for economic independence, through an active and healthy lifestyle. It serves as a “walking testament” to the need for success-driven women to become healthy in all aspects of their lives.
HOW TO GET INVOLVED
- Walk or Run as an individual! Click "REGISTER" to view all of the categories.
- Create a team. Invite colleagues, friends & family to help fundraise for the event.
- Join a team. Join your friends & family to celebrate women's empowerment!
- Become a virtual walker. Won't be in town, or not big on walking or running? Join us in spirit! We will send you a t- shirt for your donation!
- Sponsor. Contact us to find out how you can become a sponsor for this great event!
- Donate. The Power Walk for Dress for Success raises funds that allow us to foster our health and wellness initiatives along with our continuum of services as we work to empower the women in our community! Your support will enable us to serve an additional 300 women this year!
DATE, TIME, AND LOCATION
Saturday, July 1, 2017
8:00 AM Participant check-in and on-site registration opens
8:45 AM On-site registration closes
8:50 AM Opening ceremony and warm-up
9:00 AM 5k Run/Walk begins
12:00 PM Race concludes
The Power Walk will be held at the California State Capitol and will begin at the South Steps of (N Street Side) located at 1315 10th Street, Sacramento, CA 95814