America’s brave military, veterans and their families have served us courageously. Now it's time for us to serve them.
Working together, Easter Seals and Dixon Center ensure that communities are ready and able to support veterans and their families who are living daily with challenges such as:
- War Trauma: Up to 20% of Iraq and Afghanistan veterans, and 33% of Vietnam-era veterans are affected
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI): Nearly 250,000 soldiers since 2000 have been diagnosed with this life-altering injury
- Homelessness: 20% of our nation’s homeless population are veterans
- Suicide: 22 veterans commit suicide every day
- Unemployment: Over 12% of veterans are unemployed
Easter Seals has been serving veterans since WWII. Over the past decade, as tens of thousands of service members have returned from Iraq and Afghanistan with new and unmet needs — the demand for the services we provide has increased dramatically.
Easter Seals and Dixon Center have the expertise and the national network of community-based service providers to give our veterans and their families the services and support they need and deserve.
Please help us serve more veterans. Donate now to help us win the Honoring Those Who Serve Challenge grand prize of $75,000. Thank you so much for your support! We can't serve our veterans without your help!