Escape from Alcatraz
EVENT DATE: Mar 03, 2013
DEADLINE TO GIVE: Dec 01, 2012
FUNDRAISER SET UP DEADLINE: Dec 01, 2012
ALL ENTRIES HAVE BEEN TAKEN
For one weekend each summer, 2,000 of the world's best triathletes assemble in San Francisco for one of the most infamous and extreme sporting events… theEscape from Alcatraz Triathlon. In its 29 years as a maximum-security prison, no one ever escaped alive from the menacing shores of Alcatraz. Now, every year, this popular event draws more than 20,000 spectators to see who can accomplish that daunting task.
On Sunday, March 3, the Escape from Alcatraz Triathlon will be packed with heart-pounding action featuring a 1.5 mile swim through chilly waters from Alcatraz Island to shore, a grueling 18-mile bike race, and a demanding 8-mile runthrough the rugged trails of Golden Gate Recreation Area. Set against the natural beauty of San Francisco, this thrilling triathlon is a virtual postcard of the City by the Bay.
Heart in Motion has provided hundreds of volunteers for this event for the past few years. This year, we are excited to offer two charity bibs. Proceeds from this will benefit Community Access Plus, a non-profit organization providing Vocational Rehabilitation/Supported Employment services to developmentally challenged adults.
Community Access Plus mission is to assist individuals with developmental disabilities, obtain and maintain employment in their community. The employment aims to provide the individuals with structure and supplemental income, to help them increase their self-esteem and enable them to enhance their quality of life.
- Minimum fundraising of $2,000
- Participants who don't raise the fundraising minimum of $2,000 by February 1 will be asked to cover the remaining costs in order to participate in the race
- Participants are required to make their own travel and lodging arrangements
- In the event a participant must withdraw from the race, the registration fee and contributions cannot be refunded
- For event specific details, visit http://www.escapefromalcatraztriathlon.com/
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org