2018 BROOKLYN 5/15K WITH FFL: READ, WRITE, RUN!
EVENT DATE: SUNDAY, APR 15, 2018
FFL is once again honored to be the Official Charity of the Brooklyn 5k/15K this year on Sunday, April 15th in Prospect Park!
Choose one of our teams to support below with a donation or REGISTER TO RUN HERE!
Join NYC's finest students, teachers, writers and supporters of urban education in beautiful Prospect Park, Brooklyn as they race to the finish line for the Foundation for Letters (FFL), our partner schools across New York City and our Journalism Workshop Series!
As always, friends and runners are coming from across the country to support FFL's mission of designing and delivering engaging, writing-centered academic and enrichment programs to urban schools.
- Start Time: 7:30am (Students perform National Anthem at 7:15)
- Prospect Park Bandshell, 141 Prospect Park West, Brooklyn, NY 11215 (9th St)
- Distance options include a 5k, and 15k.
- Got kids? There is a special 1 mile run/walk for children up to age 12!
- Coffee and Bagels Reception: 8:30am - 10:30am
HERE'S HOW YOU CAN GET INVOLVED!
1. REGISTER, AND RUN THE RACE! Run 5, or 15K with FFL's team of students, teachers, writers, supporters of writing and urban education. You'll get all the perks of the popular "B15" race while helping FFL raise awareness, support and heart rates around NYC urban education!
2. MAKE A DONATION! Support a runner, team or school with a donation to help them reach their goal and the finish line!
3. Not an early riser? HAVE BREAKFAST WITH US! Attend our coffee and bagels reception in the Park at any time between 8:30am and 10:30am after the race medals ceremony. Meet our students and board members while learning more about the impact FFL is having in schools!
As always, we encourage you to share our event with your friends to help us raise funds for our programs. Once again, we are raising funds for our Journalism Workshop! Students from our workshops tackled fake news in 2017, and are already looking forward this year to learning how to impartially cover issues such as school safety and gun violence. Thank you so much for your support.
Questions? Email us at email@example.com with any questions and more information on how to support FFL on April 15th.