ORGANIZER: Mary Ann
EVENT DATE: Apr 26, 2015
Mary Ann Everett wrote -
Friends of Grace wrote -
Please Donate or Walk to Benefit Grace Fisher
Join together to support our young neighbor! Seventeen year old Gracie Fisher, a senior year at SBHS, was diagnosed with Acute Flaccid Myelitis in December. She is currently with her family at Craig Rehab Hospital in Denver for specialized therapy for the devastating paralysis it caused.
We want to raise $55,00 to help her family buy an adaptive van they will need when they return to their San Roque home next month. Some neighbors may remember Grace's great-grandmother Carolynn who lived in their same house until about 12 years ago.
Let's help relieve some of the stress this family is going through by making transportation at least a bit easier for them. Grace has shown such courage in her treatment we want to help her keep that momentum when they return home to Santa Barbara. Please join the Canon Drive Carousers by donating or Fundraising for our neighborhood team!
On Sunday, April 26 beginning at 9 am at San Marcos High School's track, hundreds of energetic Gracie fans will run, walk and skip together in symbolic support of Grace’s marathon recovery journey. No running is required! You can help by making a donation, attending and/or fundraising. Do it NOW!
- Event begins 9 am on Sunday, April 26, 2015 at San Marcos High School's track and goes until 5 pm that evening. Team Captains may schedule some participants for later start.
- Teams of 1 or more participants will walk/run/skip a collective 104 laps (26 miles) consecutively or in small groups, within the 8 hour "race" period (9am to 5pm).
- Spirited team costumes are encouraged and rewarded!
- Live music, food and family activiies on site all day!
- Hair cuts, nail art and massages free for donation!
- Really great raffle prizes!
- Participant with sponsorship of $104 or more will receive a souvenir Race With Grace tee shirt.
- Prizes awarded to top earning fundraisers and most spirited team!
- No prize for the fastest runner- because it's all about going the distance, together!
- Companies looking to sponsor, please contact Mary Ann at email@example.com
All funds are tax deductible and made thru the SB Firefighters Association Charity Fund (501c3 Tax ID 76-0797274).
Keep current with Gracie's progress and check on other events at http://posthope.org/gracefisher