Kevin Myers via Crowdrise
April 03, 2012
Todd Jennings wrote -
In an effort to bring attention to the need for clean water - and in particular, clean rivers - ultrarunner and lifelong New York State resident Todd Jennings will be running the entire 315-mile length of New York’s Hudson River in May of 2012. The run will begin at Lake Tear of the Clouds, on the face of Mt. Marcy (New York’s highest peak), and will finish at The Battery in New York City. The endeavor will take 8 days, averaging approximately 40 miles per day, and is a fundraiser for Hudson River Sloop Clearwater.
Donations can be made on a "per mile" basis (10 cents = $31.50, 25 cents = $78.75, and so on...) or as a flat amount, which could be as low as $5.00 or as high as you would like. My personal goal is to get at least 500 people to sponsor me at $0.33 per mile (a $100.00 contribution). This alone will eclipse our target!
- May 12th Lake Tear of the Clouds -----> Newcomb (27 miles)
- May 13th Newcomb -----------> Riparius (30 miles)
- May 14th Riparius -------------> Glens Falls (47 miles)
- May 15th Glens Falls ----------> Cohoes (44 miles)
- May 16th Cohoes ---------------> Catskill (43 miles)
- May 17th Catskill ---------------> Marlboro (46 miles)
- May 18th Marlboro -------------> Nyack (46 miles)
- May 19th Nyack -----------------> New York City (33 miles)
ABOUT HUDSON RIVER SLOOP CLEARWATER
Hudson River Sloop Clearwater, Inc. is a 501(c)3 tax exempt nonprofit, member-supported corporation whose mission is to preserve and protect the Hudson River. As an organization, Clearwater believes its innovative environmental programs, advocacy and celebrations will continue to inspire and energize the next generation of environmental leaders.
Clearwater was founded in 1966 by folk music legend Pete Seeger. To this day, it remains the most vital champion and advocate for the Hudson River, partnering with schools and community leaders to raise the bar of environmental education again, realizing that this time the health of the Hudson River must go hand in hand with creating a sustainable world of green jobs in a green economy.