ICPSD aims to achieve efficacy and resiliency in communities in Africa through the convergence of local knowledge and culture with science and technology, by:
- Facilitating effective and equitable partnerships between communities, universities, institutions, non-governmental organizations, businesses, and governments.
- Engaging in participatory action research to generate pragmatic solutions for mitigating poverty.
- Undertaking collaborative teaching and learning to build relevant capacity amongst all stakeholders.
- Disseminating knowledge generated from all the collaborative activities in order to make it available to the public.
- Creating outreach programs that will build workable and sustainable networks across communities in sub-Saharan Africa to stimulate the exchange of ideas and knowledge.