We are sorry. This video url is not valid.
EVENT DATE: Feb 02, 2014
We are now sold out of ALL seating for this fundraiser but you can still donate here or on the I Dream of Fish website.
Did you know that every day, over 1 billion people go hungry? We believe that sustainable fish farming could be one of the solutions to this problem.
My name is Miles Lin and I am 9 years old. I fell in love with fish when I was only 3 years old. It is my passion - all I live for. But my parents taught me that my passions are not only meant for myself, but also for the rest of the world. I tried to think about how I could use fish to help the world and started researching fish farms. But sadly, I found out fish farms weren't very sustainable. Then I learned about aquaponics and sustainable fish farming and got really excited. Aquaponics uses a system of fish on the bottom, gardens on top. The dirty fish water gives nutrition to the garden above. It's pretty amazing actually.
Our first aquaponics project is in Tenali, Southern India. We are installing an aquaponics system that will help feed over 350 children at an orphanage. The farm will not only provide fish and vegetables for the children, but it will also help teach the children about local farming and gardening practices.
All money raised will be used to further our mission of solving world hunger one fish at a time.
For more information on I DREAM OF FISH, visit www.idreamoffish.org
YOU CAN HELP IN A FEW WAYS:
1. Attend this event and buy as many tickets as you can. Click "DONATE" to buy tickets. If you would like reserved VIP seating for yourself or your business, please click here.
2. Make a donation today online, even if you can't make the event.
3. Send this link to others and make them aware of our fundraiser. Ask them for help by making a donation and/or attending the event.
4. Check with your work about matching your donation.
5. If you are a retailer or corporation, ask us how you can help by donating to this event or one of our future events/projects. Please click here.
For any questions or comments - please contact the event organizer: Sophia Lin - firstname.lastname@example.org