Giving Tuesday Results
December 12, 2016
FOSTER DIGNITY. INSPIRE HOPE. TEACH SKILLS.
EVERY CHICKEN HELPS
At Learn for Life Kenya, we need chickens to foster dignity, inspire hope, and teach skills. How do chickens help us do all that? Launching a poultry farming initiative allows us to teach contextually relevant fundamentals in agriculture and business to marginalized youth in Nyeri, Kenya who face extreme poverty, family instability, and limited access to basic services. Why chickens? They are easy and inexpensive to take care of; they are a good investment; they help keep children healthy; and they empower communities.
MAKING DREAMS A REALITY
Since this project has the potential to provide young people with entrepreneurial skills, we have established the Tumaini-Huruma Alumni Association to manage the newly launched enterprise. Please help us fill the coop with chickens so these young leaders, all of whom grew up in an orphanage, can realize their dream of running a contextually relevant business venture in Kenya.
- Acquire 1,000 chickens (layers and broilers)
- Upgrade the existing chicken coop
- Purchase chicken feed and vaccines
- Build capacity to operate, market and scale the social enterprise to the local community
$10 DOES MAKE A DIFFERENCE
Your donation of $10 provides the maximum lifecycle cost of one chicken. Join us as we fight poverty one chicken at a time!
CHICKAMBASSADORS FILL THE COOP FASTER
- If you are inspired by our cause, become a chickambassador! Choose one or all of the following ways to get involved. Every contribution helps!
- Join our team by clicking the "fundraise" button on our page
- Share this page with your circle of friends on facebook, twitter, email...
- Like us on facebook (www.facebook.com/Learn4LifeKenya)
- Follow us on twitter @Learn4LifeKenya
READ MORE AT:
HERE'S TO FOSTERING DIGNITY, INSPIRING HOPE, TEACHING SKILLS, AND TRANSFORMING LIVES TOGETHER!