BENEFITING: LEND-A-HAND INDIA INC
ORGANIZER: LEND-A-HAND INDIA INC
Thanks for visiting my 2011 NYC Marathon Support Center. Here's the deal.
- I am running the 2011 NYC Marathon on Sunday November 6th
- I partnered with the Lend-A-Hand India charity to help them raise money
- I need your help to hit my goal of $2,600 so please donate today
- Any donation is welcome
- Donations of $100 will sponsor a full mile of my 26.2 mile run
- Donations of $50 will sponsor a half mile of my 26.2 mile run
- Follow my training & fundraising progress on twitter @peteruns
Which mile(s) would you like to sponsor? :)
Here is more info on the charity...
Please help support vocational training and career counseling for hundreds of deserving kids in poor communities of India. This education will generate employment opportunities for them and their families.
Where does my donation go? $400 will pay for an instructor for a full year. Even a contribution of as little as $10 will pay tuition for 2 kids for a month.
This is all through Lend-A-Hand India, a non-profit focused on self-help programs for the poor. Their overhead is relatively low, with over 85% going to directly help the kids.
I am training to run the Marathon this year, with a goal of raising $100 for each of the 26 miles I plan to run. Your help in fulfilling this goal is greatly appreciated.
Contributions are tax-exempt. EIN for Lend-A-Hand India is 90-0150814. Also, please check if your employer will match as every dollar counts.