We focus on influencing policies that can reduce disparities in child outcomes such as the academic achievement gap. Our mission is to catalyze support from elected and appointed public officials to prioritize the needs of children, youth and families --especially those with the most challenges in their lives – children of color, children from low-income families, and children served by the foster and juvenile justice systems.
In pursuit of our mission, we utilize the following strategies:
- Provision of solid data, information, and policy analyses on current issues affecting children from cradle to career to the public and decision-makers;
- Partnership with national organizations to stay informed on policy conversations taking place in Washington, D.C.. and to connect our Michigan network to relevant congressional leaders;
- Strategic communications to educate policymakers and constituents on the issues and how they relate to improving school readiness, ensuring safety at home, and improving college and career readiness;
- Mobilization of constituents to influence policymakers’ decision-making on issues that will affect children;
- Collaboration with policy makers to develop effective public policies that prioritize the best interest of children.