NYRR Youth Programs via Crowdrise
October 24, 2012
Funds raised for the NYRR Youth Programs allow NYRR to provide free or low-cost school- and community-center based health and fitness programs to children who would otherwise have little to no access to regular physical activity. Currently, our programs serve more than 130,000 children each year in more than 600 schools and community centers in New York City, nationally, and in the Cape Town region of South Africa.
Specifically, the funds raised help provide:
- Training for teachers, coaches, field managers, and coordinators. Most of these individuals volunteer their time to NYRR youth services.
- Incentives for children to encourage them to attend events and practices, demonstrate sportsmanship, and strive for fitness and personal milestones.
- Entry fees and transportation to races and related sporting events for the kids.
- Needed resources to establish programs in areas of greatest need.
When making your donation to NYRR Youth Program’s we hope you’ll consider the meaning behind these fundraising amounts:
- $25 sponsors one child in our Mighty Milers program for one school year
- $65 provides a new pair of running shoes for a child
- $125 sponsors one child in our Young Runners program for one year
- $250 can provide new uniforms for a team of 10-20 kids
WE NEED YOU! One in three children born in the year 2000 or later is expected to develop type 2 diabetes in his or her lifetime.