Dear Friends and Family,
As many of you know, I am a mentor with an organization called iMentor. I am matched with Jordan, a junior at KIPP College Prep in West Harlem. Without a doubt, I could not have gotten through high school, college, and beyond without people who took an interest in me - family, friends, teachers, coaches, etc. The truth is, you can never have too many people in your corner. I am honored and proud to be one of those people in Jordan's life. I hope you will support iMentor by making a gift to my page for Online Donor Drive.
Top 5 Reasons You Should Give To My Page...
1) Your gift (in any amount!) will support my work with Jordan and the work of almost 5,000 mentors and mentees. Whether you give $10 or $10,000, EVERY GIFT COUNTS. Talk about bang for your buck. NOTE: The $10,000 reference is for my Harvard friends -- you know you've got it. Hint, Hint.
2) YOU'RE NOT GOING TO MISS IT. Unless you're planning to mortgage your house or sign over your tax refund to support iMentor, your gift to my page will probably not dramatically alter your financial well-being or your baller lifestyle. But, the impact you'll have on a student could dramatically alter his or her life. Seriously.
3) I don't just volunteer for iMentor, I work at iMentor. In fact, I am the Director of Individual Giving at iMentor. If I don't have a good showing in this campaign, I will be the LAUGHINGSTOCK of the NYC nonprofit scene. Have you ever heard nonprofit people make fun of someone? Not pretty. Especially because they're New Yorkers.
4) You will get a PERSONALIZED THANK YOU from me praising your generosity and extolling the virtues of our friendship. If that doesn't brighten your day, I don't know what would. Your name will also be placed on a PLAQUE IN MY LIVING ROOM (pending approval).
5) GUARANTEED RECIPROCATION for your cause. So, run your marathon, ride your bike, grow your mustache. Whatever you choose to raise money for--medical research, starving children, the mega-church down the road, you name it--you can count on my support!
GREAT! I knew I could count on you. In all seriousness, iMentor is a great organization and does very important work. Just last month, Mayor Bloomberg recognized iMentor in his State of the City address, as iMentor partnered with 10 companies in NYC that pledged to recruit 1000 employees to join as mentors (Accenture, Barclays, Bloomberg LP, Citi, Deutsche Bank, Ernst & Young LLC, Goldman Sachs, Marsh & McLennan, Morgan Stanley, and UBS). Not too shabby.
P.S. iMentor is a 501(c)3 organization. All gifts to my page are fully tax-deductible if you're into that.
To learn more about iMentor, visit www.imentor.org
Live or work in NYC? Check out what it takes to become a mentor.